Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cupcake Experiments

I don't usually count baking among my crafty endeavors, but these cupcakes were just too pretty not to post!


It's not uncommon for craft bloggers to post about food though. Inspired by this post about a rainbow and unicorn birthday party, these cupcakes were an experiment to see whether I could achieve the vibrant colors of the cake. (My birthday's coming up and I already have unicorn fabric!) The cupcakes are pretty, but not nearly as bright as the cake. I ultimately decided it was not worth the effort to try again since neither Zack nor I are big fans of cake.

Since I was on a roll, I also made cupcakes that look like they are topped with spaghetti and meatballs because they were just too cute! No pictures of those because I had to pack them to take to work. I used Milk Duds for the meatballs. Everyone thought they were cherries, but I thought they made good meatballs.

2 comments:

  1. i think they are pretty bright! :) when we were kids, my mom would separate pancake batter into several little bowls and make all the colors and then we'd make colorful pancakes! we figured out a cool trick- if you pour a shape (like a letter) and let it set for a minute and then fill it in with more batter to make a regular round pancake, when you go to eat it, it pulls apart and you can "peel" the shape or letter out of the pancake! my mom was so silly sometimes. also wanted to say thanks for the link love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I cant stop staring at these wonderful cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...