Monday, April 4, 2011

Basketball Cake Balls

One of my friends made a version of these Bakerella cake balls a while back and I decided they would be perfect to turn into mini basketballs for the NCAA championship game tonight. UNC is out, so I don't really care about the tournament anymore, but I decided to make the balls anyway since we needed to have treats for the new person who started in our department at work today. They do not look particularly attractive. Here's a close up of one of the tidier ones:



The recipe yielded 47 balls and my bag of orange candy melts covered 21 balls. The bag probably would have covered 1-2 more, but I over microwaved the first batch and burned it. I was going to cover the rest in regular chocolate, but we taste-tested the 2 badly covered ones and decided they were not that tasty, so I decided it wasn't worth the effort and threw out the rest. Of course, we don't really like cake. Fortunately, everyone one at work who tried them thought they were tasty. After considerable research on my options, I used brownie topping to create the lines. My primary consideration was that it dried solidly so I could transport them to work easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...