It feels like I've been working on this quilt forever. I think that's due in part to the fact that it took me forever to decide how I was going to quilt it; or rather, I knew it needed a lot more quilting than other quilts if I wanted it to look decent, so I kept putting it off, hoping to come up with an alternate idea. I quilted the pink sashing twice, a quarter inch from each edge, using pink thread. Then I quilted all the stars twice, a quarter inch inside and outside of each, using orange thread. It did produce a lovely effect, and it wasn't that much work, once I got started.
For the half squares, I drew out half the star design and pinned the paper to the quilt as a guide. The squares on the back didn't quite line up the squares on the front, but fortunately both thread colors look nice on either fabric.
It's going to New Zealand, to one of my sister's friends who's having a little girl in January. It's a bit big for a baby quilt, but I didn't know where it would end up when I started it.
Finished size: 41"x56"