Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mini Rainbow

It's so cute and tiny! These are scraps from my radial rainbow mini quilt. I was going to use them for the back of the quilt, but when I came up with a better idea, I still wanted to use them.

Finished size: 8" x 3"

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tiny Crazy Nine Patch Blocks

I finally brainstormed an idea for turning my orange crazy nine patch blocks into a quilt top. I made 18 3.5" blocks which will be used for the top and on the back.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Cozy Kitty Quilt

Julie sent me some new pictures of Tyco and Cleo enjoying the quilt I made for her:

Cleo is quite comfy.

ETA - Tyco did not agree with the decision to put the quilt away:

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Butterfly Wall Art

Another decoration for my office. I decided I needed something more colorful to complement the owls. This one also has a bit of sparkle. I added some gold glitter glue to coordinate with the butterfly. It's only 9.5" square, so I still have quite a bit of wall space to fill.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Camera Case

I decided I wanted a less bulky camera case for my travels this summer. Since it's for traveling, I thought this airplane fabric was appropriate, and colorful! This is the first padded pouch I've made. Each side has two layers of cotton batting, so it was a bit difficult to turn, but it should cushion the camera nicely.

It's considerably slimmer than the other case:

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Radial Rainbow Mini Quilt

I got the image for this quilt in my head while working on rainbow mini quilts #1 and #2.

I am amazed at how well it turned out. I was very afraid the intersections wouldn't line up at all. It turned out exactly like I imagined it:

It wasn't until after I had finished it that it occurred to me to add some color to the corners, but by then I was nearly out of these scraps anyway. I considered cutting it into an octagon instead of a square but decided not to.

I finished the front but then could not decide what to do on the back that would be suitably match the front. Three weeks later, the solution popped into my head:

I would have liked a nice scrappy and colorful border, but I used up the very last of the purple on the back. The purple square is actually pieced from a longer, narrower scrap.That's the risk of working with scraps.

It was so pretty I just had to take some in progress pictures:

How I assembled it:

Ta da!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...