Sunday, July 8, 2012

Christmas Ornament Exchange 2011

This, I am convinced, is the Christmas ornament that cannot be topped. I mean, it has flashing lights. While Amanda and Chris are no stranger to ornaments that light up, this one required considerably more effort. I'm also not quite sure you can call it an ornament, since it's so big - approximately 5" x 8" and an inch thick, in order to accommodate the battery and the on/off switch.

So why a bus ornament? Zack is a diesel mechanic and he works mostly on school buses. One day he brought home some reflective school bus tape scraps because he thought I might want them for craft projects. I sent some to Amanda, and a foam bus with flashing lights and reflective tape is what resulted:
 

Top light flashing:

Bottom light flashing:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...