Friday, January 3, 2014
Sewing Machine Repairs
Last weekend was not a good sewing weekend. My iron wouldn't stay hot, and the presser foot kept falling off my machine. On Sunday, the presser foot fell off for good when the shank broke. Fortunately, I was able to replace it on Monday for $1.25. The local quilt shop had one in stock so that was a huge relief, as I didn't have to order it, and it was available at all. My machine is getting old, so you never know if parts will be available. I took advantage of the down time on Sunday to take apart the bottom of my machine and clean out the lint. 2013 was a busy quilting year for me, so it needed it!