Sunday, July 6, 2014

Twin Doll Quilts


Surprise! It's twin quilts for my twin nieces. I have some dolls to send them, so it was a good excuse to make some doll quilts. I wanted to use this floral fabric, but it wasn't really enough for a bigger quilt. I also wanted to try out this pattern, but I didn't really want to piece it on a larger scale. I used a fusible interfacing technique to quickly piece the tops.


I really like the quilting pattern, but I don't think it complements the top design very well. It probably would have looked better with a design that matches the way the pattern radiates from the center. It would definitely work better on a pattern where there are an even number of squares in the rows and columns.


Finished size: 16" x 20"

ETA: After I made the cherry doll quilts, I had to go back and make matching bags for these quilts as well:


Finished size: 3" x 4" x 5.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...