Amanda asked me to make her a pillow cover. I was going to make it to match her quilt, but I wasn't thrilled with my options. When asked for inspiration, she suggested a bird silhouette. This worked out nicely to coordinate thematically, even if I didn't use matching fabric. I like this color combination as well.
I'm not the best at applique, so it's a very basic bird. The applique itself turned out much better than expected. There is only a slight wrinkle near the tail. I used my zipper foot rather than do a blanket stitch because the bird was so curvy. Unfortunately it's not exactly centered. I centered the entire design when it would have looked better to center the body of the bird.
I wasn't sure applique would be comfy on your face, so I decided to make a flannel one with scraps I had left from the flannel bird blanket.
They both have unexciting envelope backs.
Finished sizes: 12" x 12"