This is the lastone. Now I've made one for every little girl I know. It has been a really good stash busting project for both fabric and leftover scraps of quilt batting. This doll quilt is going to the little girl who is Samantha's new owner. I figured she might need a new blanket.
I didn't have enough blue fabric left for the bag. It is lined with pink.
After the first round of twin doll quilts, I decided to make some more, though these are not identical like the first two. That's okay because these are not going to twins. I had intended them to be identical, but I didn't have enough of either the cherry or the green fabric.
I did have just enough fabric left to make two little bags:
Finished size of quilts: 17" x 21"
Finished size of bags: 3.5" x 4" x 6", plus handles
This is a very small quilt, but it has a lovely color scheme. This is exactly how much of the paisley fabric I had. I had many options for coordinating fabrics.
Deciding what to do with the back of the quilt was a challenge. I really wanted to use this leafy fabric, but I also wanted to quilt in pink and green zig zags. However, the quilting would cross the vines instead of moving in the same direction as them, and I knew I wouldn't be happy with the way it looked. I decided if I only quilted in green and skipped the pink, the contrasting direction wouldn't be as noticeable, and it really turned out not to be. I added the strip of paisley because the vine fabric was in two pieces. Fortunately the strip was just the right length! I ended up using the back of the quilt to create the binding, but I made it look like a separate binding.
New items purchased to complete this quilt: batting
Surprise! It's twin quilts for my twin nieces. I have some dolls to send them, so it was a good excuse to make some doll quilts. I wanted to use this floral fabric, but it wasn't really enough for a bigger quilt. I also wanted to try out this pattern, but I didn't really want to piece it on a larger scale. I used a fusible interfacing technique to quickly piece the tops.
I really like the quilting pattern, but I don't think it complements the top design very well. It probably would have looked better with a design that matches the way the pattern radiates from the center. It would definitely work better on a pattern where there are an even number of squares in the rows and columns.
Finished size: 16" x 20"
ETA: After I made the cherry doll quilts, I had to go back and make matching bags for these quilts as well: