Saturday, April 18, 2015

Santa Bags


I've had this Santa fabric for awhile now and have been looking for a project that showcased it. It paired nicely with this red polka dot fabric, recycled from an apron, to create a bag that fits a couple of picture books just perfectly!


Finished book bag size:  11" x 9.5" x 1.25"


I also used some scraps to create two little drawstring bags

I'm particularly pleased with how finished-looking the drawstring part turned out

Finished drawstring bag size:  4.5" x 5.5"

ETA September 2015:


Here is Claire carrying her bag (and some snacks) at the library! (Santa-side in, since it's only September.) I asked my sister what they got and she said "Three Elmo books and an Elmo DVD." Maybe I should look for some Elmo fabric...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...