Saturday, June 11, 2016

Baby Alligator Quilt

This may be a baby boy quilt, but I love this gator print so much, I really want to keep it! It is going to family of brothers who received the shark and elephant quilts. (The oldest brother just finished kindergarten!)



This is my first Texas quilt! Shortly after finding out the baby would be a boy, I got an interview for a job. I bought the gator fabric at Hancock's going out of business sale, but that's all I accomplished before I accepted the job and we started packing. (The craft supplies are always the first to get packed.) There's a Hancock right down the street from our new place, but sadly, it's going out of business as well, and it was the closest fabric shop to the house. Fortunately, Joann's and Hobby Lobby aren't too far (though they're not in the same strip, as I've grown used to), and there's a Bernina dealer only a mile away.


May was a busy month. I wasn't sure how quickly I could pull together a quilt for a June baby; however, it's a simple design, so it came together quickly once I got everything unpacked and settled on a design.

Finished size: 38" x 49"

1 comment:

  1. It is hilarious to hear Claire say alligator. It sounds like ahg-i-gat-er.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...