Saturday, April 22, 2017

Princess Bags


Claire loves princesses. My mom told me they were looking at princess fabric at Joann's and she told Claire that I could make her something with princess fabric. Then I get a text from my sister, "I hear you have princess fabric? Claire needs a bag for all her princesses." I clarified that I did not have princess fabric, but yes, I could make a bag. Julie sent this super cute princess print. We had settled on a wristlet design, but the size of princesses necessitated making the bag a little bigger in order to accommodate all the fabric princesses (hopefully it's big enough for all the princess figurines). When I called Julie to discuss dimensions, she asked Claire, "Do you want one row of princesses or two rows of princesses?" Of course she picked two. Since it was going to be so much bigger than a wristlet, I added d-rings and an optional shoulder strap.

The lining is a pale yellow with a strip of the same star print that's on the outside  
Starting dimensions: 12.5"W x 11"H
Finished size: 12"W x 8"H x 4"D

I decided to make a smaller bag as well; one that would be more travel-friendly for a 3 year old, since I knew that was the ultimate purpose of the bag. I told Claire that I would have a little fabric leftover to make her a smaller bag and she said, "No, I need a big bag. I have lots of princesses." I didn't end up with much leftover fabric, so I pulled out some pink leftover from her airplane quilt and a narrow strip leftover from the bright birds quilt. One of the kite fabrics worked perfectly for the lining.


I machine appliqued a pink princess on one side and a purple princess on the other side. (The princesses wearing blue and green did not rate.) I added ribbon in order to string a little C bead that I picked up.



Starting dimensions: 9"W x 8"H
Finished size: 8"W x 6"H x 2.5"D

I also made a two tiny stuffed princess dolls. They are 1.75" x 3".

Tiny stuffed princesses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...