Sunday, August 18, 2024

Little Green Hobbit Cape

 

It has been a busy week of sewing! My nieces are reading The Hobbit for school this year, and the lesson plan says to dye some fabric and make a cape out of it. We are splitting these into two activities. I hemmed some white double gauze into blankets for them to dye, and then made a cape out of this shirting fabric I had originally purchased to use as backing for my plaid quilt. I found a simple pattern that I made even simpler. I did not line the cape, I just hemmed around the edges. Instead of button holes, I added buttons at the top with some elastic. This all happened on a tight deadline so everything would be ready for my brother in law to pick up while he was in town for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...