Saturday, April 11, 2009
I made this quilt for my mom's cat, Lily. The intent is that my mom can put it on the couch for Lily to sit on and protect the couch from cat hair. However, Lily has taken to burrowing under the comforters on our beds for naps, so I think it's more likely that she'll snuggle under it.
Here's a close up of the fabrics:
I had the fish fabric leftover from a bag I made years ago for one of my friends who liked purple. I thought the fish theme worked well for a cat quilt, and the coordinating fabric looks like bubbles. I thought about trying to quilt fish shapes into it, but I decided that attempting curvy lines probably wasn't worth it.
This is the first quilt where I've done something interesting on the back. I didn't do a whole lot of mathematical calculations before starting this quilt, so I ended up with some extra blocks. The quilting pattern is not particularly interesting, but I'm just glad it ended up lining up the same on the front and back blocks.
Finished size: 28"x43"