Monday, September 6, 2010

Pink Star Quilt


It is finally done! I started these star blocks last October, so at least I finished in under a year.

The quilt top

The back
More star blocks
Mini star blocks
Lightning bolt blocks
Pattern for the lightning bolt block

Finished size: 42"x52"

Star blocks based on this tutorial.
Pattern for the lightning bolt block.

May 2017 Update: 

I finished this quilt nearly 7 years ago, and immediately after completing it, I wasn't happy with the back, which is why there is no photo in the post of the finished product. Once I quilted it, there were random lines of black and white thread running awkwardly through the big pink star. It looked awful. However, it required unquilting about a third of the quilt to fix it, so I put it off until this year and tackled it in stages. Once I broke it down into steps, it wasn't so bad, and now I'm so much happier with it!


Detail of the fabrics

2 comments:

  1. Did you create the pattern for the Lightning bolt? If so would you be willing to share it, or or where you found it? I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted the pattern: http://crafterwithoutacat.blogspot.com/2011/11/lightning-bolt-block-pattern.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...