Sunday, July 17, 2016

Elmo Boxy Bag

After making bags for the twins, I knew I needed to make one for Claire, even though she won't be starting kindergarten for a few more years. Fortunately, I had just enough Elmo fabric left over from her Halloween bag last fall to make this pouch.


I used interfacing on the lining this time and it helped it fit better. The tutorial said to fuse the interfacing to the quilted panels, but I fused it to the interfacing, as that's what I wanted to hold its shape. After I boxed the corners, I also sewed the lining to the exterior before turning it, which also helped keep it in place. Despite starting with the same sized panels as last time, the finished dimensions are slightly different.


 Finished size: 9" x 4" x 3"

Earlier in the summer I sent Claire a foam fish craft and her favorite part was the googly eye, so I am sending some googly eyes, and I also made this googly-eyed Elmo card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...