Saturday, December 17, 2016

Armadillo Ornament


In honor of the fact that Amanda and I now both live in states with armadillo populations, I decided to make her an armadillo Christmas ornament. My original plan was to get a plastic armadillo figurine and wrap it in a strand of tiny Christmas lights. Alas, armadillos do not seem to be popular plastic figurines. Instead I decided to use my transfer sheets to print an armadillo and transfer it on to fabric and stuff it. Once I thought of this, I did briefly consider making a more 3-D version, but I couldn't find a suitable pattern. This version is stuffed to add some dimension. Fabric sewn right on the edge of an iron-on transfer was not fun to turn, as the transfer made it stiff, but I persevered. Unfortunately, this version did not take kindly to being wrapped in a strand of tiny lights, and his head is not appropriately shaped for a Santa hat!

Finished size: 5" x 2.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...