Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dinosaur Quilt


This is my second international quilt and my second baby boy quilt! It went to Qatar. (The first one went to New Zealand.) This quilt went through much deliberation at every stage: fabric selection, design of the top, and quilting design. My friend requested a green quilt, so I tried to incorporate as much green as possible, but it was tough to find greens that aren't leafy. When I saw the dinosaurs, I had to have them and the green dinos coordinated with the green bubble fabric I already had - yay! I chose a design to maximize the dinosaur print while also pulling in the orange and blue dinos too, though I think the orange fabric ended up overwhelming the green. Unfortunately, you can't see the quilting any better, but here's a better shot of the dino fabric:


Finished size: 30"x41"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...