I had three other purple and yellow blocks to work with:
|Quilt Block #30|
|Quilt Block #34|
|Quilt Block #7|
After some seam ripping and some additional fabric, they turned into this:
This was going to be the back of the quilt, and the pinwheel blocks would go on the front. At one point, I had purchased at least a yard each of four yellow fabrics for another project, so I was determined not to buy any more fabric except some solid purple for the binding. But the back didn't fit with the design I'd put together for the quilt top. Then one day I realized that if I took apart that center hexagon block, I could make more pinwheel blocks. After more seam ripping, I realized I didn't have enough of the yellow or purple polka dot fabrics to make the same pinwheel blocks. However, I was still able to recycle the pieces into something more useful:
A few more blocks, and I'll be able to piece what will either become the new back or a second top.
ETA: The finished project!