Saturday, September 5, 2015

Fabric Easter Egg


My sister and I have eggs very similar to this from our childhood, so of course my mom wanted me to recreate one for Claire. It is a Styrofoam egg with fabric stuffed into it. It just made sense to use the fabric from Claire's airplane quilt. Ours are a little different, and a bit smaller I think. The main difference is that our names were cross-stitched and there was lace around the name square. I didn't want to buy cross-stitch cloth for just a tiny piece, and I figured it would be much harder to cram that and lace into Styrofoam. This one isn't quite as tidy as ours, but I think it turned out decently. I'm not sure how it will hold up to being handled by a toddler though. 


Finished size: 4" high

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...