Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sock Owl

This little project is from the book Socks Appeal by Brenna Maloney. There is an online tutorial for this project, but I think I'm going to have to get the book because I love socks. Of course I'm trying to cut back on making craft projects just because I they're cute, but Sock Owl can be friends with my bats, (which could probably be made of out socks too!) and my felt owl.

Of course I didn't follow the directions completely. The wings are supposed to be made out of the toes, but I wanted striped wings and fortunately this sock was a little bigger than the one in the tutorial (he ended up being 6" tall) so I had plenty of sock to work with. Here's how I cut open the bottom of the sock instead:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...