Saturday, April 24, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
These blocks will go with the pink stars. Since I ran out of pink, I needed something to fill in the gaps. These will be ideal. Now I just have to put it together, then figure out what I'm going to do about the back and how to quilt it.
Get the pattern and make your own lightning bolt block!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Here's what we'll be making today:
- 2 squares of fabric for the Cathedral Window blocks (I started out with 6" squares, folded to 2.5")
- 2 squares of fabric to set in the "windows" (mine were 1.5")
- Ribbon, about 6", depending on how long you want the ornament to hang
- Needle and thread
- Rotary cutting tools, or pen and ruler
- Cathedral Window tutorial
Saturday, April 10, 2010
I'm on a Cathedral Window kick. I wanted to experiment with this as a potential Christmas ornament design. I love the color combination, though not for Christmas, and I want to do a larger project with these fabrics now.
Finished size: 2.5" square
Friday, April 9, 2010
I am exceptionally pleased that I was able to scavenge enough of this pink fabric to make these three little stars! They are 7". They will be accents for the bigger versions, which are 15". I am very excited about the layout of the quilt top now that I have them.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
It is finally finished! It doesn't really look any different from the photo I posted of it back in September when I just needed to finish the border; however, six of the windows are different now. I decided to sew down the border without any windows because I never found a fabric I was thrilled with. I am very pleased with the results and I am looking forward to more Cathedral window projects!
Finished size: 36"x54"