Saturday, August 11, 2012

Quilted Tree Skirt

Just before Christmas 2011, Melissa asked me about a tree skirt she saw on Etsy and I told her I would make her one for next Christmas. She said she wanted something candy-colored, something kid-friendly that her little boy would like. The tree skirt I made for myself is not quilted, so I imagined making a quilt and simply cutting it into a circle, but then I found the perfect "candy" fabric and that plan went out the window. I saw this tree skirt on Flickr and I knew it would be perfect since the asterisk design mirrors the pattern on the fabric. I did not, however, want to piece 12 wedge-shaped asterisk blocks, so I just sewed strips on top of the blocks to create the asterisks. That way, I didn't have to worry about the pattern on the fabric lining up.


The back:
I love the pattern the quilting created.

Date tag:

Details:

I added snowflake brads to the front six blocks, each with a bit of sparkly paint. 

Finished size: 42" diameter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...