Saturday, May 17, 2014

Airplane Quilt

Julie likes airplanes, so she wanted an airplane quilt for her baby. There were many options for airplane quilt blocks, but most were too cutesy. I was pleased that Art Gallery Fabrics offered the Fly with Me pattern, which is a more stylish design. Surprisingly, except for the wing piece, I didn't make any changes!


Usually I bind quilts with the back of the quilt, but this quilt really needed a white binding and since I didn't want a white back, I did a normal binding for the first time.


Finished size: 38" x 52"

ETA: My mom says the baby loves her quilt! Tyco certainly does! Julie woke up to find him making himself comfortable:


The cats have otherwise not been interested in the actual baby thus far, but who can resist a quilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...