Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weekend Progress

I had the unprecedented opportunity to take a Friday off, so I did, and a Monday too. I got more reading done than quilting, but I did make some good headway.

I put together the backing for the star quilt and got it pinned together:

I only had a yard of the black star fabric, which wasn't enough, so I had to improvise to finish it without buying any more fabric. It could definitely look better, but I'm content.

I also decided on a layout for my first Quilt Block Project quilt:

This is quite an achievement, since there are so many fabulous blocks to choose from, which was causing extreme indecision.

Of course, I originally intended to work on my crazy nine patch layouts. That'll be next on the list.

Finished Star Quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...