Sunday, June 21, 2015

Rainbow Stars and Stripes Quilt

My scrap challenge has proved to be a useful motivator for starting projects I've been meaning to get around to, simply so I can maximize my scraps, and this idea had been floating around awhile. After I took apart the dragonfly quilt, I knew I wanted to repurpose the fabric, but I was limited by the shape of the scraps. Fortunately I was able to create a nice pattern with what I had to work with.


While I always like the look of quilts with a lot of white in photos, I was nervous about how one would turn out in real life, but I am really pleased with the results. I considered quilting with colored thread, but I'm glad I didn't, though I think this is the first quilt I've ever quilted with white thread.

I was pleased to finally find a use for this great multi-colored striped fabric for the back, as well as the orange batik dots for the binding, though I barely made a dent in the batik.



A close-up of the fabrics

New items purchased to complete this quilt: batting, though I should probably count the solid white fabric as well, because I can't remember why I bought it in the first place

Finished size: 39" x 52"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...