Saturday, January 2, 2021

2021 Goals

In 2020, I completed one quilt that was on my list of goals and started a second quilt that wasn't on last year's list. I did not complete it, so my first goal for 2021 will be to complete that quilt!

Goal 1: Butterfly quilt

I settled on a design, picked out fabrics, did a bunch of math to make sure I had enough fabric, and made a bunch of half-square triangles. Then I didn't feel like trimming them (300 or so?) so that was where I stopped. In October I asked myself what would motivate me to trim them, and I decided the answer was a 6.5" square ruler. Now I am looking forward to getting back to this project.

Update: Finally done! February 2023

Goal 2: Rainbow quilt

This is its third year on the list. I am contemplating a log cabin or pineapple block design. I haven't done any actual planning yet, so this is tentative, but at least it's a direction.

I'm not putting the cherry quilt from last year on the list again because it seems very unlikely that I'll be able to buy fabric for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...