Sunday, March 19, 2023

Hidden Foxes Quilt

 

This is undoubtedly the most beautiful quilt I've ever made. I just absolutely love the color combination. My sister asked if it was for my cousin's new baby and I said, "No! It's beautiful! I can't give it away!" It is a perfect little girl quilt though, and it does need a home. I had all the triangles cut and laid out last year, but I set them aside as motivation to finish the Hunter's Star quilt.

It was pieced almost entirely from my stash, though I did buy a couple teal remnants and fat quarters. It features scraps of the fox fabric from my Fox and Feathers quilt:


The back includes only two fabrics used for triangles. The quilting is a zig-zag pattern I used for previous triangle quilts.

 I was pleased to be able to incorporate some bird scraps into the back, even if the triangles aren't the same shape:

I spent a long time debating the binding. I had a couple votes for navy, and I think that would have looked good, but that it also would have been overpowering. I tried several grey fabrics of varying shades and patterns before settling on a solid grey and I am very pleased with the results.


Finished size: 53" x 72"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...